People just keep giving me awards. In the blogging world, receiving an award is rarely something that you just take the trophy and go home. There’s often quite a bit of work involved. Thinking of (interesting) random facts about oneself, questions to ask, and answers to questions that one has been asked as well as figuring out who to tag or nominate for the award. For example, recently I received two awards as well as a blog challenge on the same day.. Historically I’m not very good at getting these done right away. It’s been a little while now and am just now getting this done. This is due to several reasons:
1) I’m working.
2) I can’t find enough interesting stuff about me to share.
3) I have a hard time choosing bloggers to nominate because I a) don’t want to annoy anyone who doesn’t like these awards b) It seems that many of my blogging buddies have already received these awards c) I follow a ton of people and hate to play favorites.
4) I am historically bad about doing this
Basically I am having an anxiety attack over the whole thing, and this is not supposed to be something that is stressful, right?
So bear with me here as I humbly try to accept the following awards that have been so graciously bestowed upon me! When nominating other blogs, I tried to pick the ones that I read often, that aren’t the blogs with 3,287,095 followers (in other words, the littler guys that deserve lots of attention!). If you have been nominated, you don’t have to do anything unless you want to. My feelings will not be hurt. Like I said, it’s a lot of work to follow up on these!
Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness
Meg at Just A Little Nutty was sweet enough to award me this award with one of the coolest award names I’ve seen! I thought that was really sweet! If you haven’t visited her blog yet you should! .
The rules are simple:
Nominate 10 bloggers that you think deserve this.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
Oh boy, are there any facts left to divulge? I think I’m going to have to cheat on this one, and link to some of my previous fact revelation sessions. You can read all about it here and here and here.
Here’s some that I love that might just very well be, well, epic. And I didn’t nominate 10 people. I really can count, I just picked a few of the bestest…
Menopausal Mother-I just can’t help but love this lady! She is one awesome friend as well as funny as all get out! She’s also famous-she was in the Circle of Moms Top 25 Funny Mom Blogs. If we lived closer to each other there would be mischief aplenty. Plus, I don’t think she has this award yet so I’m sure she’s very excited!
Cloudy, With A Chance of Wine-I can’t get enough of this woman. She can turn anything into an entertaining story.
Mod Mom Beyond Indiedom She is talented. She is cool. I like her. She is epic.
Don’t Chew on the Dinner Table A long time ago I happened upon this blog. I thought the name was neat! The blog is neat too.
Baking in a Tornado-She rocks.
The Sunshine Award
Apparently Valerie at Atlanta Mom of Three thinks I am a ray of sunshine. How sweet she is! I enjoy her blog a lot-she is a homeschooling mom of three lovely children. She also lives near one of my best friends, so I hope someday when I go to visit him I’ll get to hang out with her for a day! If I was allowed to tag her back for this one, I would.
To accept the award I am supposed to answer these 10 questions, and nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.
- What’s your favorite color? Purple
- What’s your favorite animal? Cats
- What’s your favorite number? 2. I don’t know why. Maybe because one is the loneliest number and three’s a crowd?
- What’s your favorite non-alchoholic drink? Diet Sunkist Lemonade
- Facebook or Twitter? I do both. I like Facebook because I am a visual person. I like Twitter because I seem to be able to reach a broader audience.
- What’s your passion? Writing.
- What’s your favorite pasttime? Scrapbooking, even though I haven’t done much lately.
- What’s your favorite day of the week? I really don’t have one, honestly.
- What’s your favorite flower? Irises
- What’s your favorite season? I like Fall because of the weather-just cool enough to wear sweatshirts but not too cold yet!
Who makes me smile? Who makes me laugh? WHO is a ray of sunshine in my life? A few blogs that I have recently started reading:
Big A Little a Certainly a ray of sunshine, her kids are funny! I think that we could get our families together and have lots of fun!
Stacy Sews and Schools- She blogs, she sews, she homeschools, what is there that this chica cannot do? Incredibly cute projects and great homeschooling resources (I want to go to school at her house).
Motherhood is an Art- I do believe Melissa’s blog has the award for getting the most awards from me. She is indeed a ray of sunshine, as are her children.
Funny is Family-Smiles and laughs aplenty here!
One Funny Motha-She knows big words. She’s also, well, funny!
I was nominated for the same award by two different bloggers around the same time. Menopausal Mother and Mom’s World both picked me to receive the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. This is nice, because I sure have not felt very inspiring these days.
1. Display award image on your blog page.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
5. Notify the bloggers that they have been nominated and link to their posts
Seven facts, see the here and here and here…
Julie Deneen of Life According to Julie and Fabulous Blogging: She is an incredible inspiration for those coming into the blogging community! I want to be her friend, don’t you?
Kelli Stapleton of The Status Woe: A Mom who searches tirelessly for help for her autistic daughter, Issy. She makes me all verklempt. Want to help or just know more? In addition to reading her blog, find Team Issy on Facebook and Twitter and follow along!
Kathy of Kissing the Frog: She has faced what most parents fear most-she has lost a child to cancer. She blogs about the funny and the serious-you’ll laugh and cry right along with her.
The Liebster Award
I received the Liebster award from Mama Lola at Bear and Lion Mama. If I remember correctly, I have received this one four other times.
The rules for this one are:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
11 facts, choose an old post that I linked to with the word “here” above.
This one also came with questions, which I will attempt to answer…
1. fave flower: Violet
2. fave colour: Purple!
3. fave season: Fall. I love hoodie weather, and usually in fall you don’t have to deal with all of the mud!
4. if you could have dinner with anyone dead, who would it be: Oooooo….ummmmm…maybe Mozart? I just want to see what he was like in real life.
5. fave vacation destination: I haven’t taken a vacation since I was married other than the NASCAR race in Kansas. I don’t feel like I’m qualified to have an opinion!
6. how many hours do you sleep a night: Six to seven. I spend a lot of time waiting for various people in my house to fall asleep, therefore I stay up too late!
7. how many hours do you spend blogging a day: Before I started this sub job, 2-3 hours a day. Now maybe an hour whenever I can squeeze it in!
8. fave chore: Chores? I don’t do CHORES!
9. which do you prefer to drive, standard or automatic: Automatic. I am not coordinated enough to drive a stick.
10. fave book: The Princess Bride by William Goldman. It’s the book the movie was based upon.
11. least fave kinda music: RAP. Ick.
I am very much bad about finding new blogs these days, so my choices are few. Up and coming bloggahs, drumroll PLEASE…
Black Sheep Mom-Her blog is so new it’s still shiny. It has that new blog smell. And NINE kids. Yes, I’d like to nominate her for sainthood.
Muffins and Mocha-I am guilty of not making many comments on her blog, but not for lack of interest. She is a prolific gal-her blog posts are short but full of great stuff. Show her a little love and go check her out.
I think there was one more. Wasn’t there one more? I’ve gone through all of my comments, Twitter posts, and my Facebook posts. If you gave me an award and I didn’t acknowledge it, PLEASE let me know! And if you’re sad I didn’t mention your blog, or are jealous of all the attention your bloggy friends are getting from me, I don’t like to play favorites. I would love to acknowledge you in some way-just let me know. Not like I have a lot of influence, but it’s always nice to be noticed, huh?
And my blogger friends and I have been talking. Yes, with real words and everything. We think there need to be some new awards out there, with perhaps a different set of things to do and a different set of rules. So keep your eyes peeled for that. Ew, I’ve always used that expression but never really thought about what it meant before…