Theme Thursday is a once a week opportunity to observe the writing rituals of bloggers. Hosted by the lovely Jen of Something Clever 2.0, each week has a different theme to write about. This week’s theme is Useful Inventions.
(This post was published previously last August.)
I’ve been thinking that maybe I should be an inventor. Maybe I should have added that to my list of potential jobs. I’d make very ADD friendly inventions. Why else would I want to invent something? It probably wouldn’t be in my best interest-I’d probably lose the patents.
Here are some of my ideas to make my life easier:
1) Automatic Lunchbox- It remembers to pack itself. It makes sure you have all the components for a healthy lunch. Best of all, it chases you down if you try to leave the house without it.
2) Snooze Button That Fights Back– It shocks the unfortunate person who tries to turn it off, until they get up. This is totally unrelated to the Alarm Clock Force Field-which prevents the spouse from hearing the other person’s alarm go off 15 times before they get up.
3) Self-Cleaning Children- Also available as an upgrade to the current version of children you have. Only for children with Windows.
4) Answer Me App- This downloadable app will cause your phone to come find you when someone is calling/texting and your phone is on silent/dead/in your car/lying in the yard. Has a special version for when it’s your spouse-it can be programmed to smack your significant other in the head.
5) Lost Item Replicator– Looked everywhere? Called everywhere? Simply replicate your lost keys/sunglasses/underwear. Does not work on lost children.
6) Meal Generator-Using the ability to tap into the brainwaves of all family members, this will not only be able to tell what everyone had for lunch and icraving for supper, it also uses a complex formula to figure out how to combine it all into one meal that everyone will enjoy.
7) Lie Detector- This is different from the traditional polygraph machine. It actually causes pants to burst into flames. Can be downloaded to unsuspecting pants-wearers. Not compatible with flame retardant material.
8) Mood Advisory System– Color coded system that warns what the spouse’s/child’s/coworker’s mood is ahead of time. Three levels: Green-good, Yellow-proceed with caution, Red-Get the Hell Away! Also available with flashing lights and loud alarms.
9) Mess Cloaking Device– For when you don’t have a door to close. Excellent for sinks full of dishes.
10) Grocery Reminder App– Downloadable to your phone, this app will keep track of what you need and start screaming at you when you come up to the checkout about all the crap you forgot. Also gets angry with you for getting stuff you DON’T need. Comes in two voices- Wolowitz’s Mom and The Joker from the Dark Knight movies.
Be a dear, and don’t steal my ideas, k? If you’re planning on doing so anyway, better wear fireproof pants!
Be sure to check out what other bloggers would like to invent by clicking HERE. It’s what all the cool kids do…
HereHere document – A here document (also called a here-document, a heredoc, a hereis, a here-string or a here-script) is a way of specifying a string literal in command line shells in… →