A quick update on the interview:
Someone from Lowes called while I was in the shower. Apparently the lady who was supposed to do the interview had to go home sick. So we have rescheduled for the same time, same place NEXT Thursday afternoon.
Needless to say, I was a little bummed because it’s a miserable rainy day and my way out of the house for a bit was pretty much squashed. I kind of lost all ambition for the rest of the day, and curled up under my blanket with my kid and my dog (because they won’t let me get away!) Not having a lot to do led me to a few hypotheses as to why this happened:
1) My daughter does not want me to go back to work. I know because she tells me almost constantly. Being with me all hours of the day isn’t enough for me to work a few hours and be away from her on the weekend. Apparently she’s learning voodoo, and made the interview person sick. I suspect the dog had a hand in that as well.
2) This is like in the movies, where something glorious and wonderful is going to happen so I don’t have to take the job. I don’t play the lottery, so I’m thinking I’d better start.
3) It’s not meant to be, and next Thursday afternoon all of the interview panel will die or be horribly maimed in a horrible home improvement related accident. I’m thinking something to do with the shade cutter in the window treatment aisle.
4) They’re all liars. They misread my resume and thought I was someone else. Or someone else was me. Or something. And eyes were bleeding.
5) The interview lady is really just sick. She may have kids that use her sleeves as tissues too. Been there, got sick.
So next Thursday it’s supposed to happen. I’ll let you know…