I thought it would be funny to preface this book review with a review of famous toilets. I found out quickly that there are not really that many toilets that would be considered famous. Sad? However there are a few. For example, did you know that Elvis died on the toilet? The toilet played a prominent role in Lethal Weapon 2. How about the entrance to the Ministry of Magic in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1? And who can forget how prominently the toilet has played a role in this blog. Remember the toilet tractor beam, and an event so horrifying that I wrote about it twice? Oh yes. Famous indeed.
Then I was charged with the task of reading a book with a toilet on the cover. This is quite possibly the most famous toilet I have come into contact with!
When I heard that many of my favorite bloggers were banding together to put out a book, my first reaction was “YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!”
When I heard the name of the book, I knew that I could relate. It’s called “I Just Want to Pee Alone.” I haven’t peed alone in years. I always have a kid or a dog following me in there.
I cried, whined, and begged until Susan from The Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva took pity on me and sent me the book in the mail. I was so excited I almost threw up! Thank goodness I didn’t, because 90% of the time I throw up I also pee my pants. Is that normal?
Then reality set in that I hadn’t read a book in many, many years.
I blogged about this previously, thinking of how I would find the time to accomplish such a task (read about that here). I finally did it, but it was not without considerable effort.
I laughed, I cried, I even peed a little. Here is my advice for reading the book:
- It is what is known as “an easy read”. It’s like buttah for your brain. Short but funny stories, easy to read a little at a time.
- Reading on the toilet-yes, highly recommended. Then when you pee from laughing, well… you get what I mean.
- Hide it from your children. My children thought it was the funniest thing ever because there was a toilet on the cover and therefore wouldn’t leave it alone. Toilet=Funny.
My favorites (and I’m not playing favorites, we all have different senses of humor and there are different things that appeal to us more than others! Don’t burn down my house please.)
- Meredith from Mom of the Year wrote about the hilarity that ensues in some families when a member dies. I could relate to a lot of this post. We also laugh at morbid times in my family.
- Bad Parenting Moments shared about birth control. This is the one you need to read on the toilet.
- Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva told A Tale of Two Vaginas. I almost gave myself a second vagina laughing at this one.
- Funny is Family humorously told the tale of just how embarrassing motherhood can be from the moment that test turns up positive.
- Cloudy With A Chance of Wine reveals the truth about breastfeeding. The truth hurts, literally.
And there is much, much more than this. You’ll have to go find out for yourself!
If you were wavering on reading/purchasing/renting/stealing this book, I hope that I can persuade you to go ahead and take the plunge(r). It’s well worth it. You can find it right HERE.
Here is the complete list of everyone involved with this effort. I found some new blogs from this read, and rediscovered some that I had not visited for awhile! I gave the ones I already followed a nice little star. How nice. Please note all of the extra work I did to provide a link to each and EVERY blog. You’re welcome.
People I Want To Punch in the Throat
Insane in the Mom-Brain
*The Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva
*Rants From Mommyland
*You Know It Happens at Your House Too
Underachiever’s Guide to Being a Domestic Goddess
*My Life and Kids
Bad Parenting Moments
*Let Me Start By Saying
Four Plus an Angel
Binkies and Briefcases
*Kelley’s Break Room
*Toulouse and Tonic
Hollow Tree Ventures
The Fordeville Diaries
Mom’s New Stage
Nurse Mommy Laughs
The Dose of Reality
*The Mom of the Year
*Life on Peanut Layne
*Cloudy With a Chance of Wine
Confessions of a Cornfed Girl
I Love Them Most When They’re Sleeping
You’re My Favorite Today
*Funny is Family
My Real Life