Twisted Mixtape Tuesday + Humor Me Blog Hop. It’s excellent.
Much like the 80s, the 90s was an era of very good and also very experimental music. Grunge had to be the best fashion trend ever-all you had to do is go to Goodwill and find your flannel and ripped jeans. Oh do I miss those days sometimes!
Being a Yute at the time, I listened to a ton of music. I was in high school, then college, then married all in the same decade. So many memories, so little time.
Oh, what is a Yute?
Oh right, back to the music. We start in 1990…
Silent Lucidity (1990) Queensryche
One of my favorite songs of all time. And really, what’s not to like?
Enter Sandman-Metallica (1991) The Black Album
I vividly remember the day this CD came out. My boyfriend at the time literally ran out of school that Tuesday to go buy the CD. He picked me up after school and we raced back to his house to listen to it. I was amazed-I had heard Metallica before but never like this!
Come As You Are-Nirvana (1992) Nevermind
1992 was a year of change. Nirvana changed music as we know it. It was so different from the other fare we had at the time. The first time I heard music from this album I was hooked. I couldn’t STOP listening to it.
Creep-Radiohead (1992) Pablo Honey
I don’t know what it is about this group, but I think Radiohead is brilliant! This song in particular is one of my absolute favorites. It’s pure gold-not to mention the anthem of outcasts. What’s even better is the memes that can be made out of it these days…
Anyone who knows me is well aware of my fascination with The Smashing Pumpkins. I have been hooked on this band since the first time that a freshman that had a crush on me my senior year of high school slipped me a mixtape with this song on it. I have loved them ever since.
Take It Back-Pink Floyd (1994) The Division Bell
1994 was the year that Pink Floyd released its 14th and final album The Division Bell. I wore out the cassette tape and have owned several copies of the CD. Good stuff-relaxing and mellow.
The World I Know-Collective Soul (1995) Collective Soul
Another group I love-where did these guys go? They were no less than awesome.
Tonight, Tonight-Smashing Pumpkins (1996) Meloncollie and the Infinite Sadness
My obsession with Smashing Pumpkins continues… I can’t help it. I try to avoid duplicate sharing (I shared this on my guest post for Jen Kehl), but this particular song AND video are among my very favorites.
Everlong-Foo Fighters (1997) The Colour and the Shape
For a long time I didn’t make the connection that Dave Grohl was the drummer from Nirvana. This was the first song of many that I loved from Foo Fighters. I think that he is amazing-I swear the guy never sleeps!
Tubthumper-Chumbawamba (1998) Tubthumper
What other song do you know of that has the lyrics “Pissin the night away…”
Run-Collective Soul (1999) Dosage
Here is my second addition from Collective Soul. This song is from the movie Varsity Blues.
And your bonus song, because I have always loved this song and video and I don’t know why the hell I do…
No Rain-Blind Melon (1992)
Psssst…. Come here. I have some very specific detailed instructions for you after you exit the bathtub.
1) Put on some music by clicking on the cassette tapes at the top.
2) Click on the Humor Me Blog Hop link below and link up your funny. Then READ some funny too. There’s a lot of it there, trust me.
WHAT??? Yeah, there’s also a blog hop for funny folks on here tonight. The Humor Me Blog Hop, much like Stacy’s Mom, has also got it going on.
RULES? Where we’re going, yes, there are rules…
1. F-U-N-N-Y. Humorous. Hilarious. Amusing. ROTFLPMPTUIMMAPO (rolled on the floor laughing peed my pants threw up in my mouth then passed out). These are all things that might describe the post(s) that you are about to link up (except for maybe the last one, that’s just kind of gross). Right? RIGHT! If you have an unfunny post, I can provide you with quite a few hops that would gladly take it. Nothing wrong with unfunny, this just isn’t the place, yo!
2. Vote. Because you can. Click LIKE on your faves. Because you can. We even pick a winner. This week’s winner gets a homemade “linty” and a years supply of dust bunnies.
3. Visit the people that are making this possible. My cohosts for the blog hop are these excellently funny ladies and gentleman. My bios are apparently worth more than I am, so I included them again this week, because I can.
Kate from Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine With My Morning Quiet Time graduated from the Julliard School of Interpretive Dance and is working on a career as a lounge singer/blogger. In her spare time she knits sweaters for homeless hamsters and is writing a book about adoption (kids, not hamsters).
Mike is unique because he has not one but TWO blogs (at least two that he admits are his). The author of The Insane Asylum and The Old and Cranky Gamer is known for his mad breakdancing skills, he’s a former ultimate frisbee champion, and I understand he knows his way around the videogame console a little bit. Someday I will totally kick his butt at Super Smash Brothers.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…