Recently I received some pretty nice awards…
Usually I am so terrible about blogging awards that I put it off for months and months without responding. Well NOT THIS TIME! I am on the ball for once, and am immediately responding within a few days. I get an award for that, right???
This particular award is brand spanking new! It’s so new it still has the new award smell!
The above image is The Squirrely Award. It was created and then awarded to me (and other people) by Menopausal Mother this week!
1) Display the award proudly on your blog!
2) Name 7-10 squirrely facts about yourself.
3) Pass on to 7-10 squirrely bloggers
4) Link it back to the person who nominated you.
SEVEN SQUIRRELY STATEMENTS ABOUT SARAH:
(And possibly stuff you already know, because I’m such an open book.)
1) I’m a geek, married to a geek, with geeklings. Even our animals are geeks (named after various sci fi/comic book characters)
2) I can pick up things with my toes, because I’m cool like that.
3) I own no fewer than 10 tie-dyed shirts. I might even own more than that, I just can’t find them.
4) I can’t remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, but I swear I remember the lyrics to every song that was ever released in the 80s.
5) My underwear must match my bra, or at least coordinate in some way.
6) My hair rejects normal taming methods. There are days when I think that hiring a lion tamer to make it behave would be more effective.
7) I lose a lot of sleep because a) my daughter won’t go to sleep at night and b) I talk to so many fabulous blogging friends online on Facebook chat (You know who you are!)
So who were The “Squirrely” bloggers that I chose? I chose people that are a whole heck of a lot of fun!
The Girl Next Door Drinks and Swears
Can I Get Another Bottle Of Whine With My Morning Quiet Time?
Funny is Family
Sarah’s Brand New Chapter
The Wild and Wonderful World of Gingerssnaps
Something Clever 2.0
Crazy As Normal
The Adventures of a Misplaced Alaskan
Smack of Ham Presents
At the end of July I received an award that I did not previously have recently…
I received The Versatile Blogger Award from Trees Without Roots.
1) Display the image somewhere on your blog
2) List 7 interesting things about yourself.
3) Present the award to 15 deserving bloggers
4) Link back to the person who nominated you.
My 7 Things-Refer to my previous statements I made above, because I am boring and just don’t have that many interesting things to share all in one post.
I chose bloggers that are, well, versatile. They write about a little of everything-happy, sad, thought-provoking, funny… you get the picture!
My Skewed View
Nothing By the Book
Baking in a Tornado
Mommy is For Real
The Insomniac’s Dream
I Am The Milk
Mommy Has Issues
Motherhood is an Art
Tao of Poop
Urban Moo Cow
School of Smock
All Work And No Play Make Mommy Go Something Something
Lastly, in June I was again nominated for the Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness by CHill Thoughts. I should really let my husband and kids know that people out there think I’m awesome! Maybe they’ll start thinking it too???
1. Proudly display your epic awesomeness by, duh, putting the image on your blog somewheres…
2. Link back to the person who nominated you
3. State 10 things about epic you.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers.
My 10 Things-see above…
My 10 People-I’ve already named 17 people, ISN’T THAT ENOUGH?????? 😉
My little disclaimer: Giving out awards causes me an extreme amount of anxiety, between worrying that I’ve left someone out and worrying that I’m going to annoy somebody by giving them an award because they think it’s stupid and all a ruse to get more traffic to your blog. If you are one of those people that looooooove awards, GREAT! You certainly don’t have to do the work, you can just stick the award up on your blog and go off and do something interesting like rock collecting. And you certainly don’t have to link it back to me if you don’t wanna, I don’t do it for the fame (because I’m already sooooo famous *snort*). If you are one that hates awards, then please just move along, move along.