Hey it’s almost 2013! Did you know I actually LEARNED stuff this year? I honestly can say this year was an extremely valuable learning experience! I’m gritting my teeth and grinning like an idiot as I say this, because some of the lessons weren’t so fun. And they say you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. They are wrong.
1) Never ever use the following words in your blog, lest ye have weirdos, pervs, and pornographic spam: Penis, naked, sparkly boobs, poop, pee, Chad Knaus. The others make sense, not so sure about the last one. On a related note, any time I want a laugh, I just go look at the search engine terms that people used to find my blog. Which ones were the best, well that’s another post (in other words, stay tuned)!
2) You can pour your heart and soul into a job, but in the end it don’t mean a thing. Especially if it ain’t got that swing. (Doo-wop doo-wop doo-wop…) We love you and all, but your position is being taken over by a taco. It happened to me. And I’m learning it’s not the end of the world.
3) You can lead a man to underwear, but you can’t make him find it. Ok, so I was a LITTLE behind on the laundry, but I did manage to get a couple of pairs clean. I then laid out some of the clean clothes. I even made SIGNS!
4) Twitter is where it’s at. Mainly because Facebook is a total douche for the blogging population. Pay for people to see my posts? No thanks.
5) Need friends? Blog. The ladies I have met in the blogging universe are the most wonderful, supportive community one could ever ask to be a part of. I get all verklempt just thinking about it. There are too many to name, but you know who you are!
6) Underwear and butt are the funniest words in the universe. At least in my house. Knock knock! Who’s there? Underwear! Underwear who? Underwear Pajama Butt Pants! Funny stuff, man.
7) Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you need medication. I probably still need it, I just can’t afford it. Blogging IS terrific therapy, however.
8) Four year olds only appreciate chores that have an element of danger to them. Combined with seven year olds and grumpy genius husbands, ideas for stories on here are always an imminent possibility.
9) Just like in everyday life, your blog will have ups and downs. Some days people will make you feel like you’re on top of the world, other days you’re as popular as a booger. You just have to roll with it, just like in real life. Oh wait, this IS real life. Or IS it???
I know I learned more than that, but these were the best and most interesting things I’ve learned this year. (WHAT? Uninteresting things are in my head? Believe it or not, I’m afraid so!) I realize that we still have a handful of days left in 2012, but with it being almost the weekend and then a holiday, I’d rather assume that I’ve learned everything I’m going to learn this year. Have you learned anything valuable this year? Feel free to share!