I really think I need to make a new award. It would go to the person who is not related to me or knows me in real life that has followed me the longest. Melissa from Motherhood is an Art would totally get that award if I created it. Amongst all of the people who followed me from the start, she was the first blogger who truly read and commented on my posts! I love her blog-I wish we were neighbors because I would love to be able to hang out with her (and her family)!
This post is especially relevant for me because we recently were able to reclaim paid-for TV. It’s not as extravagant as it sounds, since we just happened to find a local company that we could get cable AND internet for the same price as we were paying for just internet! Read on to see why Melissa thinks cable improves her life:
We recently subscribed to cable again after a 2 year hiatus from it. We cancelled it because it was so overpriced and the customer service is absolutely atrocious. Any one of my three children would be more gracious and helpful than most of the morons they have working for them.
I feel shallow for saying this but cable and the addition of the DVR (digital video recorder) option makes me a better person.
Today I thought I would share with you why cable has tickled my pickle:
- I usually miss every broadcast of the news. It is nice to record it and find out what is going on in the world.
- Speaking of finding out what’s going on in the world, everyone keeps talking about this Duck Dynasty show. It will be nice to know what they are talking about.
- Before cable if my children got hurt while I was watching a show they had to rate their pain and blood spewing amount on a scale of 1-10 to determine if I could wait until commercial to tend to them.
- On the subject of commercials…commercials work! Without cable I had to watch every commercial and let me tell you every time I saw an ad about any restaurant I was suddenly starving. Perhaps I can lose some weight now that I can fast forward through the commercials.
- The rewind feature is very important to me. Often times my kids are so noisy and I find myself wondering if the main character has just screamed, “I’m dying” or if it was just “I’m trying.” This can really change the whole story line.
- I really missed Mrs. Duggar, you know the lady with 19 kids. Sometimes I feel like torching the television when I see her and her sunny disposition all while keeping 19 kids in line. Other times it gives me the push I need…if she can put up with 19 kids and Jim Bob every day I can certainly handle my brood.
- Some days just require a Lifetime movie marathon complete with pajamas and endless chocolate.
- If I would have had the record feature on May 6, 2004 I could have avoided one of my biggest regrets. I saw every single episode of Friends except for the very last one. Talk about major bummer. When The Middle decides to call it quits I should be good even if I decide to go out that night.
- I actually have a lot more time on my hands. Instead of wasting an hour watching Dr. Phil so I can feel better about myself because I’m not the weirdest person in the world, I have shaved that time down to about 30 minutes with the fast forward feature.
- And the biggest reason I love cable is because sometimes you just need a laugh and the pause feature does that for me. I randomly hit the pause button when people are talking so I can see images like this:
Like the post? Now LOVE the blog. Go visit her blog by clicking HERE!