Welcome to Take One of July’s Secret Subject Swaps. This week, twelve brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.
My prompt was: If you could go back in time and relive any moment of your life, what would it be?
It was submitted by: http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com
If I could “turn back time” and relive just one moment, minus those pants, what WOULD it be?
Or maybe I really need the pants. They might be a time machine.
I recently wrote a post about do-overs for Theme Thursday, and really wanted to make sure I didn’t rehash the same thing. I wouldn’t want to relive a moment just to change it, so I thought about a moment that I wouldn’t mind experiencing over and over again!
So just one moment? Really? Do we really want to have both a Cher reference AND a Whitney Houston reference in the same post? Besides, anyone who knows me knows how gosh darn indecisive I can be! So instead of one big event I’d rather be allowed to select a “highlight” reel from my life. A top ten list, in order of occurrence. That way when the mad scientists in my house perfect time travel, I can give them some direction you know!
Sarah’s Top Wonderful Life Moments List
1) Start spreading the news…The week I went to New York City with my family. All right I’m breaking the rules of the rules right off the bat by choosing a whole week instead of a single moment. This was before digital cameras, so I do have some photographic memory of it, but not nearly as many pictures as I would have liked. We did so many cool things that week!
2) M-I-C-K-E-Y Any of the times I went to DisneyWorld as a kid. We went five times because when we lived there, everyone who came to see us had to go. I miss that. We were so lucky to live in that area for two years!
3) Supermoon+ocean Night on the beach in Florida, the full moon shining on the water. Many people have their happy place that they go to in their head. This is mine. I hope to get back there someday, but the way things are going I surely am not holding my breath!
4) The Proposal The day my husband proposed to me on the playground of the daycare center where I worked at the time. Never in my life have I been so surprised. I had no idea it was coming!
5) Going to the chapel and we’re gonna get married… My wedding day. I know, I know, let’s be predictable here.
6) Supermusical! When I went to see Phantom of the Opera. AMAZING! People can poke fun all they want, I was blown away by it and would love to see another Broadway play. Sadly I have no pictures of it, just vivid memories.
7) Happiness with no ouch The birth of my kids, minus the pain.
9) Pour some sugar on me The time I went to see Def Leppard in concert. I got rocked. There is nothing that compares.
10) Drivers and Danica start your engines The trip we took last year to see the NASCAR Sprint Cup race in Kansas City.
So there you have it. These were all great times in my life. Many of these things I will most likely never get to do again, but at least I can close my eyes and relive them in my head!
http://BakingInATornado.com Baking In A Tornado
http://themomisodes.com/ The Momisodes
http://www.justalittlenutty.com/ Just A Little Nutty
http://followmehome.shellybean.com Follow me home . . .
http://mooreorganizedmayhem.blogspot.com/ Moore Organized Mayhem
http://stacysewsandschools.wordpress.com/ Stacy Sews and Schools
http://menopausalmother.blogspot.com/ Menopausal Mother
http://dinoheromommy.com/ Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
http://hypnoticbard.blogspot.com/ The Insomniac’s Dream
http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com Searching For Sanity
www.eviljoyspeaks.wordpress.com Evil Joy Speaks