Now that we’re starting to get into the swing of the holiday season, I have something I want to share. I know that Jesus is the reason for the season, and I know that I’m an adult and should be wishing for stuff like world peace and all that jazz for Christmas. But I don’t want to. I’m too broke to do much for Christmas. My husband and I won’t be exchanging gifts and the kids will be getting precious little this year. So for now I just want to dream a little. Today I want to be totally immature and selfish and think about all the stuff that I really wish I could get for Christmas. Then I’ll drown my sorrows in cheap wine. So anyhoo, if you’re not offended by the fact that I’m not thinking about anyone but myself for the duration of this post, please read on. If you ARE offended, then, well… I got nothin.
MY CHRISTMAS LIST 2012
1) A fake fireplace. Really! I AM DEAD SERIOUS ABOUT WANTING THIS! I have always wanted a fireplace in my living room. Insurance companies don’t really like them much and we really can’t afford to knock a wall out to put one in our living room. But a fake one would work-all of the perks without the hassle, not to mention that we could mount our TV right above it. They also have models with a place for all of your electronics. I could bask in the warmth of the crackling fire while he watches… football. Not a total win win, but I’d gladly take it. Lowes sells them. If anyone wants to donate one to me, I’ll point you in the right direction. I’ll even drive you there.
2) My gym membership paid in full for one year. If I wanted to get really wild and crazy I’d also wish for someone to watch my kids while I went. Of all the things I have had to give up in order to save money, this is the one I miss the most. That and my newspaper subscription-but reading the news wasn’t really doing me much good. This was! I have the flabby post gym membership booty to prove it, and that makes me sad.
3) Wine of the week club. Imagine the possibilities. Wine delivered weekly to my front door. So much more useful that a fruit of the month. Add a chocolate of the week to go along with it and it would be way too perfect. SIGN ME UP! Oh yeah, I also need some wine glasses…
4) Mandatory Massages– This would go nicely with the wine. A certain time each week set aside for a nice massage. No exceptions. Hold my calls, I’m relaxing. These would be given by my husband. Or a person of his choosing.
5) A deeper bathtub– I love to take baths. My problem is that even if I fill our bathtub all the way up and lay down as far as I can in the water, certain, um, parts of me are barely submerged. And I am not a big person. If Matt Muenster and Bath Crashers ever come to my town, look out!
6) Drawers that are not baskets-Imagine if you will a bedroom set with many drawers. You slide the drawers open to get clothes. You slide them closed after you take the clothes out. Slide out, slide in, slide out, slide in. It’s a dream of mine. My dresser drawers do not function as drawers, but rather baskets that stack on top of each other. Except for one-the one that has been fixed. There are five more. Waiting… Waiting to be fixed.
7) Unlimited ITunes downloads (or access to your CD collection so I can steal music from you, which is much cheaper)-Music is my thang, yo! I have quite a collection of ditties all on one IPOD nano. I’m just getting warmed up. There is so much I want, yet so little that I can afford.
8) Clothes Shopping Spree-Realize that a shopping spree for you may be waaaay different than a shopping spree for me. I shop at Goodwill, consignment shops, and clearance racks. This may very well be the cheapest shopping spree ever. The catch? You have to watch my kids.
9) Unlimited Time To Peruse Scrapbook Stores Plus Store Credit– I always get slapped with a time limit and mocked when I go to these places. An ADD person let loose in a scrapbook store may never come out. That’s not necessarily a bad thing.
10) Replacing the electronic things I keep putting off replacing to save money-A new printhead for my printer, and a memory card with tons of memory for my digital picture frame that does not cause my computer to crash when I attempt to add new images to it. The whole purpose of the digital picture frame is to be able to ADD pictures to it, am I right? My daughter hasn’t been two for a couple of years now.
11) KITCHEN THINGS FIXED!!! Now I’m really stretching it (like I wasn’t before). As I have shared recently, nothing in my kitchen really works right. Last night I was trying to do the thing I hate most-DISHES of course. I had the little sink plunger I had bought and was furiously plunging the sink I was rinsing dishes in because it backed up every time I ran water into it. This is because my garbage disposal DOES NOT WORK. Nor does my dishwasher. You also take your life into your own hands every time you open my fridge because you just never know what’s going to come out of it at you. That’s because there are multiple broken shelves and drawers in there. Yeah, I could really use some appliance love right now.
12) BLOG UPGRADE! I got to thinking about this after I initially published it. Thought I’d throw it in here. I’d love to be able to have my own domain and all of that fun stuff that you have to pay *GASP* money for. I could do a whole lot more with more features and could customize it the way I wanted, not to mention would have unlimited space for images! Just a thought. Hint, hint.
That really IS it. What would you ask for on your ultimate Christmas list? I’ve seen some others around and I’m seeing some great ideas! If you made your own list on your blog already I’d love for you to send me the link so I can read it too!